NOTICE: WE HAVE CANCELLED THE FIELD TRIPS FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR.
WE WILL ALSO BE POSTPONING REGISTRATION FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
MAKING YOUR RESERVATIONS:
We are proud to again offer these Educational Programs for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Living History School Program (4th Grade)- Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Banning Heritage Week (4th Grade)- October 2020 and April 2021
- Evolution of a Town (3rd Grade)- Wednesdays
We will send an email notifying teachers when registration will begin for the 2020-2021 school year as soon as we have more information.
Thank you for your interest in the educational programs at The Banning Museum. We look forward to welcoming your class during the 2020-2021 school year.
PROGRAM RESERVATION INFORMATION:
Please review more detailed program information on this website located under the EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS tab and decide which would best complement your school year. Here are a few things we would like to mention:
- The maximum number of students per visit is 60 for the Living History School Program and Evolution of a Town and we request one adult per 10 students. Larger groups comprised of several classes can be accommodated for Banning Heritage Week as space is available.
- For both the Living History School Program and Evolution of a Town, your class must arrive at The Banning Museum by 9:30 a.m. and for Banning Heritage Week you must arrive by 9:15 a.m. to accommodate the program timing. Transportation and all permission or trip slips are the responsibility of the visiting school.
- There is no mandatory fee for these Banning Museum educational programs. We do welcome all fully discretionary donations to help support our museum and suggest $1.00 per student and $5.00 per adult if any group would like to make a donation.
BUS GRANT GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Limited Program for 2020-2021 school year
- Must be a Title I school
- Must be for attendance to Living History School Program (4th) or Evolution of a Town (3rd) programs only (60 students max per day)
- Must be a school that has not visited the Banning Museum in the last two years
- Bus Grant will award up to $500 per school
- School arranges their own bus and are reimbursed for the grant amount.
- Schools are only eligible for one grant
- You will be notified of your grant award or denial at the time of your Reservation confirmation.
TEACHER EMAIL LIST:
If you would like to be added to our teacher email list please fill out the form below:
Teachers on the email list will receive a reservation reminder email at the beginning of the reservation period and other reminders during the year. Once the reservation process has begun we ask that you please follow the instructions above to obtain the Reservation Request Form.
We have collected some useful links and resources to help you with your class here.