The Banning Museum invites you to join us for in-person Educational Programs for the 2022-2023 school year. This year, for the safety of all, the City of Los Department of Recreation and Parks is issuing some guidelines including: Limiting the number of visitors, Proof of Full Vaccination* for all visitors over 12. Negative tests will not be accepted. Masks are recommended but not required indoors.
* Fully Vaccinated: Two weeks after receiving a second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccination or two or more weeks after receiving the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccination.
We are now accepting Reservation Request Forms so act fast before the program dates fill up! Click link below to fill out the Reservation Request form.
We are proud to again offer these Educational Programs for the 2022-2023 school year:
- Living History School Program (4th Grade)- Tuesdays & Thursdays- November 2022- June 2023 (excluding October & April)
- Banning Heritage Week (4th Grade)- October 17-21, 2022 and April 17-21, 2023
We are working on re-instating the Evolution of a Town (3rd Grade) Program. Please stay tuned for further information and we thank you for your patience.
PROGRAM RESERVATION INFORMATION:
- At this time the maximum number per visit for Banning Heritage Week is 60 students and 5 adults.
- At this time the maximum number per visit for the Living History School Program is 50 students and 4 adults.
- Separate forms are necessary for groups planning to come on different days, even if they are coming to the same program.
- For the Living History School Program your class must arrive at The Banning Museum by 9:30 a.m. and for Banning Heritage Week you must arrive by 9:15 a.m. to accommodate the program timing. Transportation and all permission or trip slips are the responsibility of the visiting school.
- There is no mandatory fee for these Banning Museum educational programs. We do welcome all fully discretionary donations to help support our museum and suggest $1.00 per student and $5.00 per adult if any group would like to make a donation.
LIMITED BUS GRANTS AVAILABLE!
BUS GRANT GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a Title I school
- Bus Grant will award up to $500 per school
- School must arrange their own bus and are reimbursed for the grant amount.
- Schools are only eligible for one grant per school year.
- You will be notified of your grant award or denial at the time of your Reservation confirmation.
If you are unable to join us in-person this year, we encourage you to visit our Digital Education page for links to our virtual education videos and activities. We also offer delivery of FREE Classroom Packages which include Activity Booklets, Art Project Supplies and Banning Museum souvenirs. REQUEST A CLASSROOM PACKAGE
TEACHER EMAIL LIST:
If you would like to be added to our teacher email list please fill out the form below:
Teachers on the email list will receive a reservation reminder email at the beginning of the reservation period and other reminders during the year. Once the reservation process has begun we ask that you please follow the instructions above to obtain the Reservation Request Form.